Jeudi 21 novembre 2019 de 10 h à 15 h
Author Rudyard Kipling said that words are the most powerful drug used by mankind. Conversations are the best, biggest thing that web writing has to offer to both writers and readers. In times where AI is coming to replace humans at work, good human writing is more valuable than ever. Web + Words = Impact!
Hi, my name is Manuel, and I am the founder of BigKids, a new content design agency based in Brussels. As a part of our services offer, I am happy to announce the first "Lunch, Connect and Develop" (LCD) on Writing for the Web.
In an LCD, we learn by creating connections among participants, holding discussions, collectively seeing what is emerging in the world of web writing.
In this first lunch, I will walk with you, hand in hand, on a journey towards using words to achieve professional objectives because everybody can learn to write well or, in any case, can improve one’s writing skills. So, let's fill up a room with people who want to sharpen their web writing skills!
Who is this workshop for?
This is a beginners course. Potential participants:
- Someone who is exploring the idea to start a blog.
- Someone in a transition towards working in web communications.
- Web editors in a small company who are trying to refresh their comm strategy and who want to include text and blogging in the mix and are looking for new foundations.
- Someone who writes and who would like to improve their productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
After this training, participants will be able to:
- Improve their professional writing process. What are the different phases that I could go through as a writer to draft a text?
- Discover new ways to do research on audience needs.
- Understand how people read on websites and mobile devices and how this is different from print.
- Discover the Signposts. How to fully benefit from the resources that the web offers you as writer/editor. bullets, links, catchy headline, headings, CTA
- An introduction to narratives and storytelling
- Key trends on the future of web writing: content design, userneeds, jobstories, ux writing, content strategies,connected content, micromoments
Content design, userneeds, jobstories, ux writing, content strategies.
10:00 - 10:30 Introduction and ice breaking
10:30 - 12:00 Theory
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch: an interactive conversation
13:00 - 15:00 Practice: Intro to design research and writing "User Stories"
Sources and Books
- Content Design. Sarah Richards
- Killer Web Content. Gerry McGovern
- Content Strategies for the Web. Kristina Halvorson
- Designing Connected Content. Mike Atherton. Carrie Hane
97 € per person (VAT not included)
Lunch and drinks at the venue are included. Vegan, healthy and delicious.
- The number of participants to the workshop is limited to 8.
- Training will be held in English.
About Manuel Pueyo
Professionnel du contenu depuis 10 ans, spécialiste de la stratégie de contenu, de la transformation des organisations vers l'agilité et d’une utilisation du web plus humaine et responsable, Manuel a combiné expérience avec des organisations internationales (Commission et Parlement européen), grandes entreprises globales (Corona extra), évènements (Fearless Cities) et startups (Open Kitchen, Hidden District).